Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"The day I walked to, Two horizons"

I set off all excited, upon the road ahead,
So many pilgrims walking, we desert a cozy bed.

I look out in the distance, and see the far off hills.
Then put my feet in motion, and follow where god wills

A breakfast stop is welcome, I search for pleasant place.
A hungry tum to answer, puts a smile upon my face.

















The wings of steel approaching, I quicken now my pace.
Excited by the distance gone, across this tranquil place.

And as my eyes encounter, an end to hills in sight.
I realise it`s not yet noon, more miles I have to fight.

The vastness of this country, amazes me each day.
And as I go on walking, the winds begin to play.

















Past over n
ow, the first horizon, the second comes in view.
The place to rest my weary head, beneath the starry skies so blue

As evening time approaches now, I stumble to the humble stead
Where once again I`ll rest awhile, and lay me on a comfy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment