Tuesday, April 20, 2010

20 FOOT TALL










As morning sun is on my back,

I walk along a dusty track.
I see a man before my eyes,
And marvel at his awesome size.

I move ahead along the road,
Burdened by my heavy load.
But he just moves so easily,
This man as tall, as a tree.

His strides so small, he matches me,
Goes where I go, so carefully.
I really like my new best friend,
But will he stay until the end?

As noon approaches, he changes pace,
I get to sense his smiling face.
But as I stop, to take a drink,
My friend begins to shrink and shrink.

Then I turn, and he has gone,
A friend beloved, as the sun shone.
I pray he will remember me,
As I do him, so tenderly.

That in this way of pilgrim pace,
He left a smile upon my face.
For He were me, and I were He,
A quiet friend he helped me be.

No comments:

Post a Comment