Saturday, September 18, 2010

To Seville and beyond


Oh yes believe me,
I am so keen to begin.
The days seem too long,
Leading to my departure,
Yet I wait with patience,
Knowing my time is coming.

The dusty, romantical city,
That waits for me,
Will soon be in my eyes,
And I, in her heart.

With classical guitars,
Strumming a rousing tune,
And girls with raven hair,
Dancing 'til the dawn,
How can I ever be,
Sorry to leave myself there.

Still more passionate reasons,
May lie up ahead,
And I will be open,
To know when they call,
As will my adventure,
Into the greater unknowns.

The sun has a way,
Of capturing our attentions,
From the soul of the city,
With its'welcome,
Softening my resolves,
To rush through her gates,
In search of escape,
Where her mystery is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment